Paying It Forward

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's snowing... horizontally

Winter arrived with not just a vengence, but a slant! The audacity of snow and winter to slap my face sideways instead of landing gently on my head and shoulders. UGGH SQUARED. But because focusing on what one hates or dreads make it last longer and be harder to cope with, I have developed an (albiet) short list of what I love (like, tolerate) about winter.

Hearty homemade soups; ideally with homemade bread.
Flannel jammies.
Handmade scarves.
Apple/Cimmamon potpourri simmering on the stove.
Fleece and Chennile (although the latter sheds horribly).
Winter holidays with my family.
Custom CDs with my favorite songs during icy drives (pour a little sugar on it baby).

As I said, the list isshort. But I'll keep thinking. It's 5 months 'till April.

No comments:

Post a Comment